Synthesis of Science and Spirituality for Peace and Harmony 2018
1. Entries for the Student Category should be sent in a Word document as an attachment to Dr. Nikhil Bhat (firstname.lastname@example.org), while entries for the Tertiary/Adult Category should be sent to Dr. Veerendra Kumar (email@example.com) on or before August 15, 2018. The essay entries must be in English.
2. Essays must adhere to the following format:
(i) Typed on an A4 size electronic page with an inter-linear spacing of 1.5
(ii) Font size shall be 12 points in Times Roman or Arial font
3. The essay should be sent as an attachment, and file name should be SSSPH 2018 Essay Competition_CATEGORY_YOURNAME (e.g. SSSPH 2018 Essay Competition_STUDENT_JOHN TAN LEE MENG).
4. You must also include at the end of your essay entry (i) your name, (ii) date of birth, (iii) student card/national identification/passport number, and (iv) mailing address. If you are a student or wish to represent any particular organisation, please also include the organisation, university, school or educational institution that you are attending or representing.
5. For the Student Category, participants will be required to provide evidence that they are students; a photocopy of your student identification card will be required.
6. For the Tertiary/Adult Category, participants who are ASEAN citizens must submit a scanned copy of their national identification card or the passport details page along with their entries. Participants who are NOT ASEAN citizens but enrolled in a tertiary institution in an ASEAN member country must submit a scanned copy of their their passport details page and of their Student Identification Card.
7. Winning essays (including honorable mentions) will become the property of the organisers and may be published by the organisers in print or electronically.
8. Participants still retain the right to freely re-use their material.