Synthesis of Science and Spirituality for Peace and Harmony 2018
1. Your essay should be between 500 and 600 words. Significantly longer essays will not be considered.
2. Essays will be judged on the basis of the originality of their ideas, the clarity and coherence of the writing, the quality of the thinking they reflect, and the extent to which they incorporate one or more relevant ideas suggested in the overview of the theme provided. You do not have to agree with the ideas in the overview, but the judges are looking for thoughtful essays that reveal that the writer has considered the importance of the synthesis of science and spirituality, and its role for achieving peace and harmony.
3. The following criteria will be used in assessing the essay entries:
• Originality: 50%
• Clarity: 15%
• Structure & Flow: 15%
• Overall Impression & Argument: 20%
4. The quality of language will not be a decisive factor, as long as the text retains its clarity and coherence.
5. Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Previously published essays are therefore excluded. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.