Synthesis of Science and Spirituality for Peace and Harmony 2018
Structure of Essay Competition
1. The Competition is divided into Student and Tertiary/Adult categories. Wards and relatives of members of the organisers are INELIGIBLE to participate in this competition.
2. Student Category
The Student Category is open to Singapore citizens and students in Singapore below 20 years old (as on January 1, 2018). This includes students enrolled in local and international schools in Singapore below the undergraduate level, irrespective of their nationality.
3. Tertiary/Adult Category
The Tertiary/Adult Category is open to all citizens of ASEAN, and students of tertiary institutions in any ASEAN member country irrespective of nationality, who are below 35 years old (as on January 1, 2018).
4. The Essay Competition consists of written submissions, which are delivered to the organisers within the given timeline (August 15, 2018).
5. Collaborator entries of up to two persons are also welcome. Only one entry per participant or per collaboration team may be submitted. The prizes in such cases will be shared among the team members.
6. The top five (5) entries for the Student Category will be invited to make a presentation at the conference in Singapore on September 22, 2018. After the presentations, the winners will be announced.
7. The top five (5) entries for the Tertiary/Adult Category will be invited to make a presentation at the conference in Singapore on September 22, 2018. Participants from ASEAN countries outside Singapore whose entries have been selected will have their travel and accommodation in Singapore taken care of throughout the duration of the conference. After the presentations, the winners will be announced.
8. The judges' decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into by the judges in relation to that decision.