Synthesis of Science and Spirituality for Peace and Harmony 2018
1. Send your completed manuscript in MS Word as an attachment to Dr Nikhil Bhat (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before August 1, 2018. The essay must be in English.
2. Essays must adhere to the following format:
(i) Typed on an A4 size electronic page with a inter-linear spacing of 1.5
(ii) Font size shall be 12 points in Times Roman or Arial font
3. The essay should be sent as an attachment, and file name should be SSSPH 2018 Essay Competition_CATEGORY_YOURNAME (e.g. SSPH 2018 Essay Competition_STUDENT_JOHN TAN LEE MENG).
4. You must also include at the end of your essay entry (i) your name, (ii) date of birth, (iii) student card/identification number, (iv) mailing address, and (v) the organisation, university, school or educational institution that you attend or are representing. If you are home-schooled or do not belong to any institution or organisation, please indicate ‘Homeschool’ or ‘No Affliation’ accordingly.
5. For the Student Category, participants will be required to provide evidence that they are students; a photocopy of your student identification card will be required. For participants who are home-schooled, a scanned copy of the official letter showing that they are homeschooled and a scanned copy of their national identification card are required.
6. For the Tertiary/Open Category, participants who are ASEAN citizens must submit a scanned copy of their national identification card or passport details page along with their entries. Participants who are NOT ASEAN citizens but enrolled in a tertiary institution in an ASEAN member country must submit a scanned copy of their their passport details page and of their Student Identification Card.
7. Winning essays (including honorable mentions) will become the property of the organisers and may be published by the organisers in print or electronically.
8. Participants still retain the right to freely re-use their material.