Synthesis of Science and Spirituality for Peace and Harmony 2018
1. Your essay should be between 400 and 500 words. Significantly longer essays will not be considered.
2. Contestants’ essays will be judged on the basis of the originality of their ideas, the clarity and coherence of the writing, the quality of the thinking they reflect, and the extent to which they incorporate one or more relevant ideas suggested by the short write up provided. You do not have to agree with the ideas in the short write-up, but the judges are looking for thoughtful essays that reveal that the writer has considered the importance of the synthesis of science and spirituality, and its role for achieving peace and harmony.
3. The following criteria will be used in assessing the essay entries:
• Originality: 50%
• Clarity: 15%
• Structure & Flow: 15%
• Overall impression and argument: 20%
4. The quality of language will not be a decisive factor, as long as the text retains its clarity and coherence.
5. Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Previously published essays are therefore excluded. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.