Synthesis of Science and Spirituality for Peace and Harmony 2018
Structure of Essay Competition
1. The Competition is divided into Student and Tertiary/Adult categories. Wards and relatives of members of the organisers are INELIGIBLE to participate in this competition.
2. Student Category
The Student Category is open only to students in secondary schools, junior colleges, polytechnics, institutes of technical education (ITEs) and educational institutions offering qualifications . Students who are are welcome to participate.
Participants must submit a scanned copy of their Student Identification Card along with their essay entries.
3. Tertiary/Adult Category
The Tertiary/Adult Category is open to citizens of ASEAN, or students of tertiary institutions in any ASEAN member country, who are below 35 years old (as on 1 January 2018).
4. The Essay Competition consists of written submissions, which are delivered to the organisers within the given timeline.
5. Collaborator papers of up to two persons are also welcome. Only one paper per participant or per collaboration team may be submitted. The prizes in such cases will be shared among the team members.
6. There will be 10 winning entries for the Student Category, who will be invited to make a presentation at the conference on 6 October 2018. After the presentation, the top five entries will be announced.
7. There will be 5 winning entries for the Tertiary/Adult Category, who will be invited to make a presentation at the conference on 6 October 2018. For participants from outside Singapore who have been identified as winning entries, travel and accommodation arrangements will be made by the organisers for them attend the conference in Singapore.